• Educate your colleagues to think of IP as much as a controlled way to share knowledge as to effectively shield it from abuse
• In open innovation, create deals that are a win for all parties
• Ensure that you have top management backing for any efforts to license technology out of your company
The full section of the practitioner's guide is available here .
• Recognise the importance of KM in an increasingly dynamic business environment
• Think of two main forms of KM: IT solutions and people issues
• Introduce KM tools in a culturally sensitive way so that people from a wide variety of business and geographical backgrounds will use them
• Recognise the importance of learning how to work well with other national, international and professional cultures
• Think about the opportunities being created by evolving attitudesto innovation in Europe
• Take the differing motivations of partners into account when planning to collaborate – how can your work together be a win for them in their context, as well as for you in yours?